Dreamlight Theatre Company is now in its fifth season and while we have many things to be proud of, we wanted to boil it down to just the most important points. So, here they are…
The 5 Things You Should Know About Us
- Dreamlight Theatre Company was founded in 2005 and remains one of the only theatres in the country dedicated solely to producing Musical Theatre. Our goal is to provide a “Home” for this unique American artform – a place to develop, nurture, and produce great work.
- Dreamlight is a 501c3 non-profit organization. We are recognized as a “public charity” by the Federal government, IRS, and New York State.
- Did you know that we received a Drama Desk nomination for our production of Fugitive Songs in only our second season… making Dreamlight the youngest non-profit in history to be nominated?!?
- Did you know that our annual budget has more than tripled in just 4 years – an early indication of our success and steady growth. Our recent production of The Extraordinary Ordinary was our biggest undertaking to date – with nearly 50 people (cast, crew, musicians, creatives, etc) working together to make the show happen.
- Ticket sales make up only about 15% of our annual operating budget. The rest comes from tax-deductible contributions from our donors and patrons. Without their incredible support, we wouldn’t have a chance.